Friday, October 27, 2006

So typical.

It is so typical for me to stay consistent with something for a while, and suddenly without warning of schedule changes emotions or logical reason, I'm horribly inconsistant.

So to those of you who regularly check my blog, I'm sorry.

It's not even that I've not had the time, I've just not done it.

Let me catch you up on the last few weeks. I'll post about some of these adventures later.

I finished up SLA (second language awuisition), a two week course on how you learn a language and practice with a language helper. Gloria, from Columbia, helped me get over my deer in the headlights feelings. I seem to consistant respond to new languages with wide eyes and closed mouths. (:

I took a two day trip to Oconomowac, Wisconsin, to be with my dear friend and old roommate, Linnea, for the funeral and burial of Nancy Spransy, her grandmother.

Then trucked back down to Elgin, IL, hoping to hang out with some friends, who didn't return from a trip to Virgina, but was suprised to find a letter from Spain! It was my letter of invitation from La Vida Nueva, a church.

So the next morning I got all me things together, put on some mascara, and wound my way down and then through Chicago to the Consulate Gereral of Spain. Found an amazing parking spot and nerveously entered the 15th floor office. It was quite an experience. After all was said and done, I just enjoyed the streets of downtown Chicago, walking and thinking, and loving the brisk fall weather and the countless people on the streets. What a great day! It ended even better with tea and cookies at my friend, Sarah Sikkema's house, and a mid-night visit with Gina Boettcher.

At 5am the next morning, I was up and off. It's much better to start before you're really coherant. It was the best 8 hour drivve of my life.

So now here I sit, at the kitchen table of 8816 Woodland, Kansas City, MO, in the home of Sarah Beth Cox, one of my very best friends. Whose home I share with her for the next 6 weeks. God is so kind to me. He placed me in a home when I was struggling to feel like I had a home, but I had no forwarning that I would feel so homeless. He knows and cared for me better than I do myself.

No comments: