Friday, November 03, 2006

ending seasons

watched my brother, David, ended a season of his life tonight. He's played soccer since he was 4 years old and tonight he played his last soccer game of his high school career. As we hugged and he cried I felt the reality of that sink in.

I can totally identify with that. I cry pretty often. Kansas City is not the same city to me. I feel the closing of seasons in so many ways, lately. I heard a quote on NPR the other day that you can never live in a new life unless you let the old life die. I'm not the way that I used to be, my place in Kansas City is not the same, I see people differently, I see myself differently. This new life is exposing the death of the old one. Once again I am so aware of my inadeqacies and my coping, my lack of faith and unbelief.

The place in my life I am currently in had brought me, again, to a crisis of faith.

Do I really believe in God?
Will I trust Him?

They feel like the most basic of questions. But if I answer yes, my whole world is going to change.

No comments: