Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a cold drink of water.

I was walking home from Wild Oats, our local natural foods store, (how appropraite, walking, natural foods, but I didn't have regular deodorant on.. no smelly's here), and I passed a house that was being cleaned out. On the front steps sat a scraggly man who looked really worn out. I made some comment to him about the heat and the boxes of stuff sitting in front of the house. We made some small talk as I continued to slowly walk past, not wanting to get stuck in a bad/awkward situation. When, as I was almost far away, he said, I just wish I could get a cold drink of water or something. It's just so hot out here. Suddenly he had my attention. That sounded strangely like something in the Bible. Huh, the whole way home I thought about it. I had different plans for my afternoon and deadlines that made me feel a little clastriphobic. When I got home, I knew what to do, I found a water bottle, left behind from Quest, and the lone soda in my organic household, and I marched myself right back down to that house. There were no angelic lights or prophetic visitations. I just gave the man what I had, and told Him he was doing a good job and to stick with it.

It felt so right. I asked God is I was suposed to pray for him or talk with him, and didn't feel like it was necessary at the time.

Maybe I just needed to feel like I had a heart and could respond to a need when I heard it. Maybe that man needed someone to give him something with no strings attached.

Either way, it was a response to me from the Lord of how will I fit in to Santiago de Compostela, Spain. How will I meet people? Where? What do I do when I can't talk to them?

God knows me, and He has people waiting in Spain, that I can love, and be used, by God to meet needs. God is soverign and knows exactly the right people to bring into my paths. and He cares about me to let me know that He knows what is in my heart and how He wired me.

What will it look like? I don't know... but I'm anxious to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust baybee....TRUST.