Wednesday, August 09, 2006

who would have guessed....

I do not know why this suprised me, but...

I am finding myself exposed and provoked by this whole moving, support raising, packing process. Lots of emotional drama.

For example, I am such a pack rat. I saved every schedule, paper, candy wrapper I could have in High school. So last night when I pulled out my scrap booking TUB out of the basement, I realized just how long this is going to take me. Because I have to remember all the memories around that schedule or candy wrapper, and all the people that were around at the time, and then it takes me forever to throw it away. What am I going to do with nametags and buttons of randomness in two years.

But, I am realizing that it helps me not just throw away the memory and love for those people or the events, but to love and remember them and move on....

new things, new places, new seasons. new LIFE!

1 comment:

matt said...

Lauren! How are you? I heard all about your upcoming plans...that's all really exciting. Have you left yet, or are you still around?