Sunday, September 10, 2006

I LOVE THIS PLACE!

I arrived in Elgin, IL, around 5:15p last night. My mom and dear friend, Linnea, helped me make the trip and made the good-by-ing process a little easier. Thank you God!

After a tearful good-bye to Linnea, my mom and I headed off to IKEA, one my favorite places in the US, and now one of her favorites as well. We ate a good Sweedish meal and shopped for things I have no business buying and that she didn't have much room in her suitcase for.

This morning my mom and I went into Chicago to play for the day until her flight. I love taking the "El" and walking for blocks and blocks, and I love many different people you see walking through the streets.

And my new roommates... so fun! Alex, Jamie, Mary, Lindsey, Renee, and Ayla. They are all going to be so fun to get to know! I already like them. We talked tonight about food for this next week, my favorite subject and an area where I shine. So we made up a great menu where everyone is getting to cook, and I'll teach everyone some new recipes.

So, here I am, in Elgin, IL, my home is no longer Kansas City, the road before me is WIDE open, and my heart is present and full.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

We´re praying for you, Lauren!

Matt

Matthew said...

We're praing for you, Lauren!

Matt